lovely picture

Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Idea of Building The Five E Forces

I was in a hurry riding my motorbike. It was quite dark outside. 6 o’clock. I had an orientation for community service (KKN) and I ought not to be late otherwise I couldn’t take the community service program. My room was in Faculty of Agricultural Technology. My phone was low battery I decided not to contact anyone. Instead, in such a hurry I walked around the campus building to find my room. It’s 375A. Hmm shouldn’t it be in third floor? I walked around and just couldn’t find the exact room. Finally I met some friends and got into the room. Well, the class hasn’t even started yet. Fiuhh..

We had five series of lectures. It was great. I thought this should be held long time ago, before the call for proposal, I thought. Yes, indeed, they did a presentation one my faculty but it was during active day that I couldn’t attend it.

While I was sitting in the second row with mbak Nida and Rani, I was kind of thinking around. Haha that happens to me all the time I guess. My mind was just buzzing around meanwhile my ears kept listening to the lectures. It couldn’t just stay there enough as if I was physically sitting down. My mind ran into the time when I was doing the AFS year in WW. We had series presentation with the kids, from one school to others. We read stories around the world, we sang, and we laughed. We had good times. I did this great community service with students all over the world. At the end of my stay, I had an intense discussion with my local AFS coordinator. I had to draw a dream and thought how to realize it. I created a dream school and I still kept our brainstorming. Dear Linnea, thanks for having supported me to stick with the dream!

I got back as a senior in my final year at the high school. My mind just couldn’t stand at all. It was even worse that I took SAT during the AFS year and therefore, I got so many emails offering scholarship abroad. It was such a humiliating surprise to me. However, I could see in the eyes of my father and mother that they need me to be around. So then, I threw those surprised offer. I know you would say I was so stupid. But that was the decision at that time.


I even ran into writing competition, doing things I loved and I had always dreamt of. I did win but it was nothing I meant theres nothing so special for me about getting a prize because the value is in the process.  I then joined the writing community while cramming for my final exam. I did had great experience. I somewhat realize a little bit of the dream school. Not that much, it was just some days with the kids at the river bank. We shared stories, wrote anything, played, sang, and had ifthar together (fast break for Ramadan). We called it Sekolah Pena Ceria (Cheerful Pen School). I always had this spirit playing with the kids in Al Qomar as well remembering the old childhood days. I feel guilty sometimes for having not enough time with them. I miss you all.

At the end of fifth semester, people were so busy with events and KKN ideas. I personally wish I could realize part of the dreams. However, I failed. Well it was not that literally. I did have a dream to create one in my neighborhood. When people were so excited about doing community service out of town. I was excited as well. However, I kept thinking about my self. I spent my childhood nad grew up in this small town. I always felt an inferiority when competing in the higher region. Then, I spent my high school until now in the main city (call it province or whatsoever). I feel guilty once more. I am not good in doing multitasking job. I focused too much in one thing that I decided to give up the proposal. So then, I am waiting for the plotting now. Please pray  the best for me. For me, community service is always fun and caring. I hope this time it will be the same. Wherever it will take me.

Anyway, I did think of some values even though taking a plotted KKN, means that we just did the programs. I still think that the programs we urgently need are in the areas of education, empowerment, economy, energy, and environment. I would call this The Five E’s. I know this is not a novel idea, as I did participate in Future Leader Summit 2012 in Universitas Diponegoro. And this idea is pretty much in line with those people presenting there. However, after attending the summit, I still couldnt move forward. Hmm it was that the community I joined that time didnt really have the same interest with me and so then no team mate joined that program. Therefore, no progress.

Anyway, the integrated movement would be great idea. I would imagine creating the movement in these five areas. Anyone would love to have discussion and realize those issues with me? It would be great to integrate those five elements into an integrated development. We just need some people with diverse thought and background in education, empowerment-> entrepreneurship, economy, energy, and environment. Don’t you think? If you think so and would love to make dream come true, you can contact and share with me via email: isna.masyithoh@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment