lovely picture

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Twinkle Little Star



“Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and I remember more than I have seen.” (Benjamin Disraeli)
Moon river[1]
wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style, someday

Oh dream maker, you heartbreaker
wherever you're going, i'm going your way
two drifters off to see the world
there's such a lot of world to see
we're after the same rainbow and
waiting round the bend
my huckleberry friend[2]
moon river and me
               
Hey, are you wondering why I wrote this stuff? Great, I think I’m going to reborn and renew my blog site. It is just the right moment to do so. Ramadhan is a time full of contemplating in verses. And well, i have changed the name of this site twice. But, I havent found a right perfect one. I first used the name of My Little Pen Home as its name. Then, I changed into Nurisma Najma as to its directory name. But then, voila, eureka, and yeah, I think I found another name. Twinkle Little Traveler? Is it too childish? Yes, actually I love the phrase “The Little Traveler” better. It sounds nice and mature. But, The Little Traveler has already got its domain. And I want my own to be different. Nothing similar. Just one thing, mine only in this whole world. Twinkle Little Traveler. Thats what I thought!

Guess what, before I was thinking to rename the blog as The Little Traveler, I found the site already, and there’s also a mansion called Little Traveler. So, that makes me disappointed. But, it;s nice I found a song Little Traveler. And I like that song. A Japanese song. I’ll share the song here. I have some favorite pieces of Japanese music, they’re beautiful. L’arc n Ciel, Hana Hana, the accoustic of Depape, Bump of Chicken, Crescendo, Nobuo Uematsu, my best violist-Anna Okada Burgess, etc. Anyway, love this song and enjoy!
Little Traveler[3]

Original / Romaji Lyrics

English Translation
sabaku ni shizumu yuuhi ni omou
kaze wo matotta kimi no kage
matataki hajimeru hoshi ni negau
'mouichido, mahou wo kakete'

While watching the sun sinking into the desert,
I reminisce about your shadow surrounded by the wind.
Then, I make a wish to the stars that have started twinkling,
"Please, cast your magic once more."
doko he kieta?
kitto kono sora no dokoka de?
Where have you disappeared to?
I'm sure you're just hiding somewhere in this sky...
hoshi wo kudaku ki ni wa mizu wo
omoi wo kudaku bara ni ai wo
kimi ga ima warau nara
mou nanimo nanimo iranai
I give water to the trees that shatter my stars.
I give love to the roses that shatter my feelings.
As long as you can smile now,
I don't need anything anymore.
sabaku ni shizumu yuuhi ni omou
kimi ga nokoshita ano kotoba
shizumarikaeru hoshi ni negau
'mou nidoto, mahou wo tokanaide'
While watching the sun sinking into the desert,
I reminisce about the words you left behind.
Then, I make a wish to the stars that are falling silent,
"Please, don't dispel your magic again."
boku ga mieru?
kitto namida wo nagashita mama de...
Can you see me?
If you can, you must also be able to see my teary face...
hoshi wo kudaku ki ni wa mizu wo
omoi wo kudaku bara ni ai wo
kimi ga ima warau nara
mou nanimo iranainda
I give water to the trees that shatter my stars.
I give love to the roses that shatter my feelings.
As long as you can smile now,
I truly don't need anything anymore.
saa iki wo suikonde
sono basho wo mezashite
hibike
Now, take a deep breath,
aim for that place,
and let your sound be heard.
boku wa mata sora wo miru yo
kimi no iru sora wo miru yo
tatoe "taisetsu na mono wa, me ni mienai”
 toshite mo 
I will look at the sky again,
I will look at your sky, where you reside,
even if "what is essential is invisible to the eye".

Yeah, Twinkle Little Traveler. Travel throughout life and find your own destiny! Travel within the heart, soul, and on the faces of the lovely beloved people. This life is the story you are creating. The story of life. May it be happily ever after.  :)

By the way, do you a remember an old children song Twinkle Little Star?
A twinkle star, travel, learn, and you are quite a twinkle little star! 
:) 

Twinkle Little Star
(from a poem written by sisters Ann and Jane Taylor)
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
How could he see where to go,
If you did not twinkle so?

In the dark blue sky you keep,
Often through my curtains peep
For you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark
Lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.







[1] Moon River is a lovely piece of music by Henry Mancini and lyrics by Johnny Mencer.

[2] The Adventure of Huckleberry Finn is a classic American literature by Mark Twain. I have no idea about the relation between the song and that novel before. I read the novel first when I was a Junior in high school. Then few years later, I found the music of Moon River early in my college year. And I literally love it! After a while I keep listening to this song, I kind of figuring out that there’s a connection between the two pieces of those incredebile works. At least, I think Johnny Mencer is about to telling me the moral values in The Huckelberry Finn stories when the old ‘nigger’ Jim is having a life journey with Huck Finn. And that is incredible!
[3] Sung by: Hatsune Miku
Music/Lyrics by: jimmy thumb P

No comments:

Post a Comment