lovely picture

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

To Children Around The World: You are Little Twinkle Stars!



“All grown-ups were once children.. But only few of them remember it.”(Antoine de Exupery)

Do you remember the time when you were young? The time when life seems to be a fun playing game. When things are sooo colorful. When sky seems sooo high. Dreams are as high as the stars. The moon and the sun smile back at your big smile giving you a promise of hope.

It was the time when life seems to be a long way journey that you will travel all the way. Never fear of anything. All you know was you-yourself own the future. You were too happy living beside every beloved one. Moreover, you are too grateful of being present in this world. You don’t count on every single thing. You did thing just because you loved doing it. That’s what sincerity really means. You laugh, you smile you cry, all the way you want. Naturally.

The story takes place in a vast desert. The old man who was pilot got lost in no where island. The airplane almost lost its gas. He was so worried that he couldn’t go back home since he was running out of petroleum. Well, he tried really hard to fix the machine hoping it would somehow work.

It was in the middle of his tiring work, when suddenly a little kid came by. He was like a star falling down with origin of nowhere nobody knew where he came from. It seemd that he came from outer space. Really? Well this shouldn’t be  a spoiler.

Even if the man wasn;t sure where the little boy came from, he was quite happy having a company with him. And that was the time when this little kid asked, “Draw me a sheep. Draw me  a sheep.” And suddenly the man realized how old he has become. He realized that his happy kids time had just gone. He had just left the important part of his life. He remembered when he was littlle he drew a boa construction but nobody knew what’s inside the picture which made him sad cuz adult couldn’t see things as imaginary as the kids.

How strange suddenly this little kid asked him to draw a sheep. And when he drew exactly the same boa construction he drew in his childhood when everyone-the adult didn’t get what he drew, the little prince (he called this kid) got the exact correct answer. He knew it was a boa construction. Oh he was admired!

The time flew, the two became goodfriends. It was wonderful how the kid loved the  flower and keeping it everytime.

There was one of my favorite quote from this little kid, “ What makes a desert beautiful is that... it hides the well somewhere.” This quote is very strong and meaningful. What essential is invisible to the eye. It is only with the heart one can see things rightly.

The whole story is a very enchanting French classic writing, The Little Prince, written by Antoine de Saint Exepury. I felt like the happiest kid in the world reading through the story even though I got this priceless present in my 18th birthday which means I was no longer a little kid. I had already turned into a teenager loving the childhood life. Thanks Maeve Duffy, for this memorable everlasting story that you gave me. Exactly, a book is a best friend. Thank you, Little Prince, for your life story!

P.S.: Happy National Children Day! I once again post this lovely cute song. I just got it few days ago. I didn’t realize what the song is really about. I looked for a traveler song as  my blog theme song about traveling a twinkle life. And I found this song and loved the song. And after keeping my self listening to this piece of music over and over. And enjoying the lyrics and the meaning, I just realized that THIS SONG IS TRULY TELLING ME THE STORY OF THE LITTLE PRINCE. Masterpiece! A masterpiece for kids around the world.

Little Traveler[1]



Original / Romaji Lyrics

English Translation
sabaku ni shizumu yuuhi ni omou
kaze wo matotta kimi no kage
matataki hajimeru hoshi ni negau
'mouichido, mahou wo kakete'

While watching the sun sinking into the desert,
I reminisce about your shadow surrounded by the wind.
Then, I make a wish to the stars that have started twinkling,
"Please, cast your magic once more."
doko he kieta?
kitto kono sora no dokoka de?
Where have you disappeared to?
I'm sure you're just hiding somewhere in this sky...
hoshi wo kudaku ki ni wa mizu wo
omoi wo kudaku bara ni ai wo
kimi ga ima warau nara
mou nanimo nanimo iranai
I give water to the trees that shatter my stars.
I give love to the roses that shatter my feelings.
As long as you can smile now,
I don't need anything anymore.
sabaku ni shizumu yuuhi ni omou
kimi ga nokoshita ano kotoba
shizumarikaeru hoshi ni negau
'mou nidoto, mahou wo tokanaide'
While watching the sun sinking into the desert,
I reminisce about the words you left behind.
Then, I make a wish to the stars that are falling silent,
"Please, don't dispel your magic again."
boku ga mieru?
kitto namida wo nagashita mama de...
Can you see me?
If you can, you must also be able to see my teary face...
hoshi wo kudaku ki ni wa mizu wo
omoi wo kudaku bara ni ai wo
kimi ga ima warau nara
mou nanimo iranainda
I give water to the trees that shatter my stars.
I give love to the roses that shatter my feelings.
As long as you can smile now,
I truly don't need anything anymore.
saa iki wo suikonde
sono basho wo mezashite
hibike
Now, take a deep breath,
aim for that place,
and let your sound be heard.
boku wa mata sora wo miru yo
kimi no iru sora wo miru yo
tatoe "taisetsu na mono wa, me ni mienai” toshite mo 
I will look at the sky again,
I will look at your sky, where you reside,
even if "what is essential is invisible to the eye".



[1] Sung by: Hatsune Miku
Music/Lyrics by: jimmy thumb P


No comments:

Post a Comment